President, Allen and Associates
Director, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
The Sustainability Leadership Member Group serves as a connection point for ILA members and partners who are interested in embedding sustainability into their lives and leadership. We recognize the deep and interconnected social and environmental challenges that pervade our world, and we seek to find avenues in which we as leadership scholars, educators, and practitioners can address those challenges. We believe that we can no longer ignore the many signals calling for leadership aimed at making the world a better and more habitable place for all forms of life. We aim for the transformation of the field and practice of leadership to include sustainability in all its dimensions as a fundamental aim and goal of ‘good leadership.’
Priorities and Projects
- Developing a topical conference to deepen our work together – Sustainability and Beyond: Reimagining Leadership for Just and Regenerative Global Futures
- Building partnerships internal and external to ILA
- Launching our Leadership Development Community on ILA Intersections to foster discussions and resource sharing
- Developing and pursuing scholarship and publishing opportunities
- Organizing webinars
- Integrating sustainability practices and principles into 1) ILA structure and culture, and 2) leadership education and development
Sustainability Leadership Summit
Already an ILA Member?
Not a Member? Join ILA first.
Sample Sustainability Leadership Resources
With Andrés Bernal, Kelly Henderson, Feyisola Alabi, Barbara Johnson, and Kate Sheridan (Moderator)
with Otto Scharmer and Kathryn Goldman Schuyler (Moderator)
With Steve Schein
Dr. Suze Wilson discusses the intersections of disinformation, trust, and leadership. People are not prepared to tolerate any discomfort or sacrifices needed to address big challenges like climate change or pandemics. Instead they reject science and embrace conspiratorial ideas. One possible antidote is increasing the power and authority of trusted community leaders.
Funto Boroffice talks about making a difference through her award-winning social enterprise, Chanja Datti, which creates jobs & value from waste collection and recycling in Nigeria. Boroffice is a 2021 WE Empower UN SDG Challenge winner.
Nidhi Pant, 2021 WE Empower UN SDG Challenge winner, joins Scott to discuss her work with farm-based micro-entrepreneurs in India as co-founder of Science For Society (S4S) Technologies.