Have you been asked to teach your leadership or management course online as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic? Already teaching online but looking for some new teaching strategies, learning activities, or resources to enhance your practice? This webinar is for you! During this one-hour webinar Dan will provide instructional strategies and learning activities you can implement right away in your online leadership course. In addition, he will provide a brief overview of the scholarship related to teaching leadership online, which elements of your face-to-face course are easily transferable to online formats, how to use your Learning Management System (LMS) to your advantage, and what other open-access tools are available to enhance your students’ leadership learning experience.
Who would benefit from attending:
- Any leadership educator who is already teaching online, wants to improve their ability to teach online, or has been asked to teach online as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
After participating in this webinar, you’ll be better able to:
- Articulate the differences between face-to-face and online leadership education
- Navigate the resources available for teaching leadership online
- Develop technology-enhanced learning activities associated with specific leadership topics
- Create feedback methods and other teaching and evaluation tools based on best practices
- Use technology to enhance students’ leadership learning experience and outcomes
Daniel Jenkins Chair and Associate Professor of Leadership & Organizational Studies at the University of Southern Maine, received his doctorate in Curriculum & Instruction as well as an M.A. in Political Science from the University of South Florida. Dan is a co-author of the book The Role of Leadership Educators: Transforming Learning and has published more than 40 articles and book chapters on leadership education and assessment. As an award-winning international speaker and facilitator, Dan has engaged thousands of leadership educators, students, and professionals on topics such as leadership pedagogy, curriculum, and course design. Additionally, Dan is Co-Chair of the ILA’s Leadership Education Academy, Vice-Chair of the Collegiate Leadership Competition, Associate Editor of the Journal of Leadership Studies, co-editor of ILA’s PAUSE for Pedagogy series, and co-host of the Leadership Educator Podcast.
Rian Satterwhite, Director of the Office of Service Learning and Leadership at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas