with Larry Cassesa
Quotes from This Episode
- “My job is to clear obstacles.”
- “True empathy is exhausting… it takes a lot of energy.”
- “My job is to protect all those other people in the culture. So you have to make those tough decisions, you have to have those tough conversations.”
- “Your job is not necessary to have all the solutions or answers…but to work with them to find those solutions.”
- “I’d much prefer to be a facilitator than a top-down sort of leader. I think it’s more productive that way.”
About the Guest
Larry Cassesa is the Director of Sales, Marketing, and Product for Abicor Binzel USA and Canada. He started his career and sales and moved into a leadership position after the 2008 financial crisis. He’s led a global team through the implementation of the Salesforce CRM and many cross-functional projects. We explore Larry’s experience on the front lines of leadership.
Host Scott J. Allen
Scott J. Allen, Ph.D., is the Standard Products—Dr. James S. Reid Chair in Management at John Carroll University. He is an associate professor and teaches courses in leadership, management skills, and executive communication. He is also a communications coach, consultant, author, podcast host, and entrepreneur. For almost two decades, he’s worked with clients to improve their leadership and communication skills. Learn more about Scott here.
Phronesis: Practical Wisdom for Leaders offers a smart, fast-paced discussion on all things leadership. Scott and his expert guests cover timely, relevant topics and incorporate practical tips designed to help you make a difference in how you lead and live.