Director of Undergraduate Leadership Education, Donnelly School of Leadership and Social Innovation, John Carroll University
Assistant Professor, Political Science, Troy University
Professor & Director, Alberta MEd in Leadership, City University, Canada
Lecturer of Leadership Studies, Leadership Studies Program, Iowa State Univ.
The Leadership Education Member Community involves and serves leadership educators, professors, and teachers working in and/or interested in curricular or co-curricular programs in higher education institutions as well as primary and secondary (k-12) schools and other educational settings. We gather and offer opportunities to share curricula, pedagogies, programs, and research to advance the how, what, and why of leadership education.
Priorities and Projects
- Expanding member participation in initiatives, activities, and governance
- Advancing the field of leadership education to and from all corners of the globe
- Supporting youth leadership and K-12 initiatives
- Organizing the International Student Case Competition, the annual community networking luncheon, the Deans, Directors & Chairs reception, and other conference programming
- Providing resources for leadership educators
- Supporting initiatives that focus on best practices in leadership education
- Supporting the Leadership Education Academy
Already an ILA Member?
Not a Member? Join ILA first.
Sample Leadership Education Resources
With Thomas Kolditz, Carla Ortega-Santori, Ryan Brown, Aaron Roof, and Gama Perucci (Moderator)
With Ralph Gigliotti and Daniel Jenkins (Moderator)
With Daniel Jenkins and Rian Satterwhite (Moderator)
What is the coronavirus pandemic’s impact on management schools? What does the future hold for business school infrastructure?
Is this the beginning of the end of leadership education and development as we know it? If so, perhaps it is also an opportunity to forge a new agenda that addresses the challenges of the past and reimagines the value of our work for a future that may look quite different from that which came before us.
- Leadership Education Program Directory
- Why Studying Leadership Matters – an excellent video by Brad Jackson
- Guidelines for Leadership Education Programs (pdf)
- Access issues of The Journal of Leadership Education
- Pause for Pedagogy interviews and brief videos by and for leadership educators
- Great Ideas from the Annual Teach and Share Forum
- Access a variety of additional leadership education resources