Ethics & Leadership
Assistant Professor of Leadership and Ethics, McDonough Center for Leadership, Marietta College
Assistant Vice President for Enrollment, Director of Student Financial Services, Professor, Marietta College
Executive Director of Applied Leadership, Professor of Leadership, Muskingum University
The Ethics & Leadership Member Community is an ongoing platform for discussions about research, practices, frameworks, and contextual approaches concerning ethics and leadership.
Priorities and Projects
- Launch our Ethics & Leadership online Intersections community this month.
- Mobilize ILA members with curiosity and a point of view about leadership ethics in business, academia, governments, NGOs, and Non-Profits.
- Draft a 2021-2022 roadmap, including a provocative speaker series and impactful learning and best practices sessions to increase the impact of the Ethics and Leadership community.
- Share new research and promising practices.
- Provide leadership and volunteer opportunities that play to your strengths and your calendar demands.
Already an ILA Member?
Not a Member? Join ILA first.
Sample Ethics Resources
Reimaging Leadership on the Commons: Shifting the Paradigm for a More Ethical, Equitable and Just Society
With Kathleen Curran, Éliane Ubalijoro, Antonio Jimenez-Luque, Randal Joy Thompson, and Scott J. Allen (Moderator)
Developing Ethical Leaders: Theory Meets Practice
With Robert M. McManus, Stanley J. Ward, Alexandra Perry, Benjamin Dean, Austin D. Council, Maribeth Saleem-Tanner, Phyllis Sarkaria, and James N. Thomas
Religion, Spirituality, and Moral Disengagement
With Kirk Mensch
Leading With Care: What’s Stopping Us?
Leah Tomkins joins those who advocate for the importance of leading with care. She surfaces why the language and emotions of care often make people feel uncomfortable and how this can make care seem irrelevant or unnecessary for leadership and leadership development.
Ukrainian Resistance: The End of History or Its Regurgitation?
Keith Grint looks at Russia’s War in Ukraine through a leadership lens – touching on the Make Russia Great Again story, Ukrainian resistance, Destructive Consent, and the power of shame.
How long will the Russian people put up with Putin’s aggression in Ukraine? In an authoritarian state, you need the support of the elite. As living standards begin to fall and more Russian and Ukrainian lives are lost, Matt Qvortrup, an expert on comparative democracy, argues that Putin’s position will become more and more precarious.