Fellow, Institute for Social Innovation, Fielding Graduate University
Professor of Practice, McGill University
The Business Leadership Member Community brings together and serves corporate leaders, directors, consultants and others who focus on leadership development and effectiveness in business settings. It creates opportunities to share perspectives and information about leadership challenges, innovative approaches, effective practices, and applied research.
Priorities and Projects
- Supporting the Power of Purpose 2021 Summit Series
- Implementing projects that serve the needs of business leaders
- Advancing leadership knowledge & practice for a better corporate world
- Creating opportunities for members to become involved in the business leadership community
- Strengthening the ILA business leadership network by attracting and enrolling new corporate and individual members
- Organizing focused conference programs to specifically meet the needs of business leaders
Already an ILA Member?
Not a Member? Join ILA first.
Sample Business Leadership Resources
Nadia Younes (The Center for Global Inclusion), Gamiel Yafai (Diversity Marketplace Limited), and Louise Carvalho (Cern) join Maureen to discuss how organizations need to adapt to an inclusive culture and measure the impact of inclusive leadership on people, the planet and profits.
Dr. Cynthia McCauley shares nuggets of wisdom on leadership development in organizations. She has 35+ years of experience in leader development methods including developmental assignments and relationships, 360-degree feedback, and action learning.
Pauline Koelbl, AfriProspect GmbH’s Founder and CEO and ShEquity’s Founder and Managing Partner, joins Maureen to share ShEquity’s vision to close the gender funding gap in Africa by providing smart investment to female-led and owned businesses that aim for triple bottom line: financial, social and environmental return.
As governments and organisations around the world seek to “build back better” from the Covid-19 pandemic, Richard Bolden stresses the importance of making time and space for recovery — where leaders and others can experience the care and compassion needed to help them heal from the physical and emotional exhaustion that permeates our workplaces and communities.
Rocks are referred to frequently in leadership literature — from “bedrocks” to “big rocks” and “touchstones” to “cornerstones.” In Aotearoa, rocks occupy an important space in Māori culture. Professor Chellie Spiller opens a window on this Indigenous wisdom, raising intriguing questions for leaders on the role rocks play in their organizations and their practice of leadership.
Chellie Spiller discusses the important role leaders have in cultivating and nourishing the vibe or mauri (life force, vital essence) of an organization and of tending to the wellbeing of people, communities, and economies.
With Jeannie Diefenderfer, Sudhanshu Palsule, and John Heiser (Moderator)
With Carolyn J. Stefanco (moderator), Christina Cutlip, Liz Morse, and Brad A. Sloan. Presented by the ILA, TIAA, and Baret Leadership Consultancy.
With Joanne Ciulla and Tobey Scharding
Downloadable Book Chapters and Reports
- Stress, Burnout, Derailment and Resilience in Leadership, from Theo Veldsman and Andrew Johnson’s book Leadership: Perspectives From the Front Line.
- An integrity model of leadership for our times from Sebastian Salicru’s book Leadership Results: How to Create Adaptive Leaders and High-Performing Organisations for an Uncertain World
- Power of Purpose Symposium Report: Does purpose impact stakeholder and shareholder value?