Senior Director, Regulatory Portfolio Management, AbbVie Inc
The Business Leadership Member Community brings together and serves corporate leaders, directors, consultants and others who focus on leadership development and effectiveness in business settings. It creates opportunities to share perspectives and information about leadership challenges, innovative approaches, effective practices, and applied research.
Priorities and Projects
- Supporting the Power of Purpose 2021 Summit Series
- Implementing projects that serve the needs of business leaders
- Advancing leadership knowledge & practice for a better corporate world
- Creating opportunities for members to become involved in the business leadership community
- Strengthening the ILA business leadership network by attracting and enrolling new corporate and individual members
- Organizing focused conference programs to specifically meet the needs of business leaders
Already an ILA Member?
Not a Member? Join ILA first.
Sample Business Leadership Resources
Dr. Karl Kuhnert and Dr. Keith Eigel discuss the vertical development of leaders and how to maximize personal effectiveness.
Dr. Ellen Burts-Cooper joins Scott to discuss how to make organizational teams more productive, more cohesive, and more resilient.
How do you design a Master’s of Indigenous Business Leadership that honors Indigenous practices and reflects leadership literature worldwide? Dr. Nathan Eva and Katrina Johnson share their insights.
The level of distrust between individuals and within organizations has become so corrosive it demands the attention of every leader. Katherine Tyler Scott discusses the three Cs of trust: competence, character, and compassion.
Leadership is impossible without integrity, and integrity is inconceivable without trust. Erwin Schwella explores the interconnections between these concepts in his latest blog. He concludes, quite starkly that the flip side – leadership corruption – is deadly and kills.
As the rate of COVID vaccination increases globally, and as restrictions put in place to lower the risk of infection are gradually lifted, organizations will be faced with how they will adapt. Those responsible for leading what are imminent changes in their institutions are facing a huge challenge – the precarious nature of the change process.
With Carolyn J. Stefanco (moderator), Christina Cutlip, Liz Morse, and Brad A. Sloan. Presented by the ILA, TIAA, and Baret Leadership Consultancy.
With Joanne Ciulla and Tobey Scharding
With Matt Quin and Alison M. Konrad
Downloadable Book Chapters and Reports
- Stress, Burnout, Derailment and Resilience in Leadership, from Theo Veldsman and Andrew Johnson’s book Leadership: Perspectives From the Front Line.
- An integrity model of leadership for our times from Sebastian Salicru’s book Leadership Results: How to Create Adaptive Leaders and High-Performing Organisations for an Uncertain World
- Power of Purpose Symposium Report: Does purpose impact stakeholder and shareholder value?