Fellow, Institute for Social Innovation, Fielding Graduate University
Senior Vice President, Sourcing and Procurement Solutions, Allstate Insurance Company
The Business Leadership Member Community brings together and serves corporate leaders, directors, consultants and others who focus on leadership development and effectiveness in business settings. It creates opportunities to share perspectives and information about leadership challenges, innovative approaches, effective practices, and applied research.
Priorities and Projects
- Supporting the Power of Purpose 2021 Summit Series
- Implementing projects that serve the needs of business leaders
- Advancing leadership knowledge & practice for a better corporate world
- Creating opportunities for members to become involved in the business leadership community
- Strengthening the ILA business leadership network by attracting and enrolling new corporate and individual members
- Organizing focused conference programs to specifically meet the needs of business leaders
Already an ILA Member?
Not a Member? Join ILA first.
Sample Business Leadership Resources
Inclusive, Invested, & Immersive
Scott talks with Annemarie de Jong, CEO of Better Future, on the unique work she and her team are doing as “Impact Facilitators” and “Business Backpackers.”
An Interdisciplinary Lens
Scott talks with Jeff Strese about the unique context of family-owned businesses, focusing on leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and family dynamics.
ILA Board Member, Dr. Susan Murphy, talks with Scott about her work at the University of Edinburgh, strategic thinking, and leadership development throughout one’s lifetime.
Barbara Kellerman on Jamie Dimon
Jamie Dimon, the chairman and chief executive officer of JPMorgan Chase has often come under the pen of Barbara Kellerman. Read her most recent reflection on his leadership.
The Leadership of Elizabeth Holmes: Lessons From the Dark Side of Silicon Valley
ILA Fellow, Professor Dennis Tourish, analyzes the leadership style Theranos CEO Elizabeth Holmes used to conceal her fraud from employees and silence dissenters. He concludes with lessons for leadership applicable to any business.
Rise of the Machines
ILA Fellow, Professor Richard Bolden, asked ChatGPT-4 to identify the top implications of AI for leadership. Bolden shares the generative AI’s response as well as some general principles leadership professionals can lean into to help mitigate the risks of AI.
Provocation as Leadership: The Art and Practice of Challenging the Status Quo
Live Webinar 17/18 May 2023. Provocation as Leadership offers a blueprint for people who, using provocation, want to ignite change and help their organizations, group or community break through to a better future.
Advancing Leadership Programs: Asking Guiding Questions
Dr. Trisha Gott, Dr. Denny Roberts, and Rian Satterwhite will discuss recommendations from ILA’s General Principles for Leadership Programs’ and share how attendees can use the principles in their own organizations.
From Uncertainty to Transformation: Emergent Generative Team Leadership from the Void
A world filled with turbulence calls for Emergent Generative Team Leadership. Let’s supplant the hero archetype with a more dynamic, empowered leadership approach better suited for the inevitable environment of uncertainty our future holds.
Downloadable Book Chapters and Reports
- Stress, Burnout, Derailment and Resilience in Leadership, from Theo Veldsman and Andrew Johnson’s book Leadership: Perspectives From the Front Line.
- An integrity model of leadership for our times from Sebastian Salicru’s book Leadership Results: How to Create Adaptive Leaders and High-Performing Organisations for an Uncertain World
- Power of Purpose Symposium Report: Does purpose impact stakeholder and shareholder value?