What an amazing conference! From the pre- and post-conference deep dives to the 200+ workshops, presentations, and papers; from the opening march to and reception at the Center for Civil and Human Rights to the closing plenary by the former Prime Minister of Greece, The Dynamics of Inclusive Leadership had something for everyone. This page of highlights and resources is for those who were able to attend and those who weren’t.
Looking for the contact information for a presenter or newly met colleague? Log in to ILA Intersections and search the directory.
Search the online conference module for papers (if applicable) and abstracts as well as handouts, and PowerPoints uploaded by presenters. Please note that not all presenters upload handouts or PowerPoints.
Cynthia Cherrey, The Melody and Cacophony of Global Leadership
Katherine Tyler Scott, Conference Weaving
Ira Chaleff, A Poem to Atlanta
ILA was pleased to work with member Maureen Metcalf, host of Innovative Leaders Driving Thriving Organizations on VoiceAmerica’s Business Channel, to facilitate interviews with ILA Atlanta’s plenary speakers and lifetime achievement award recipients along with a selection of past and present board members and other institutional members or stakeholders of the association. This series of podcasts and accompanying blog posts have been airing from November 29, 2016 to January 31, 2017. All podcasts are available on demand or tune in Tuesdays at 11:00 Pacific Time.
- The End of Leadership Meets the Evolution of Leadership (Airs January 31st.) with Barbara Kellerman, 2016 ILA Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
- Leadership Evolution: Theory and Practice in Action (Airs January 24th.) with Gill Robinson Hickman 2016 ILA Lifetime Achievement Award Winner and Jorrit Volkers 2015 ILA Keynote and 2017 Conference Chair
- Be the Boss Everyone Wants to Work For (Airs January 17th.) with William A. Gentry, ILA Member
- Understanding Leadership: Moving Awar From the Cult of Personality with Gama Perruci, Former ILA Board Member & Aldo Boitano, ILA Board Member
- Multicultural Leadership with Juana Bordas, Former ILA Board Member
- Understanding How Prejudice Impacts Leadership with Mike Hardy, ILA Board Member
- Women in Leadership: Why It Matters and How to Develop It with Susan R. Madsen and Karen A. Longman, Editors of ILA’s Women & Leadership book series
- Creating a Fairer and More Just World with George Papandreou, 2016 Keynote Speaker & Former Prime Minister of Greece
- Ron Heifetz on Adaptive Leadership and His Journey with Ron Heifetz, 2016 Keynote Speaker
- Why International Leadership Matters Now with Cynthia Cherrey, ILA President & CEO & Ajay Bramdeo, 2016 Keynote Speaker & African Union Ambassador to the European Union
Conference Plenary Parts 1-3 (FR. Nov. 4, 2016)
Ron Riggio, ILA Leadership Legacy Committee and Kravis Leadership Institute; Barbara Kellerman, 2016 ILA Lifetime Achievement Award Winner and James MacGregor Burns Lecturer in Public Leadership at Harvard Kennedy School; and Ronald Heifetz, King Hussein bin Talal Senior Lecturer in Public Leadership at Harvard Kennedy School
Conference Plenary Parts 1-3 (Sat. Nov. 5, 2016)
Elizabeth Stork, Chair of ILA’s Leadership Education Member Interest Group and Robert Morris University;
George A.Papandreou, Former Prime Minister of Greece (2009-2011); Ronald Heifetz, King Hussein bin Talal Senior Lecturer in Public Leadership at Harvard Kennedy School; Katherine Tyler Scott, ILA Board Chair and Ki ThoughtBridge; and Ira Chaleff, ILA Board Member and Executive Coaching & Consulting Associates
We’ve added photos to our flickr stream from the conference!