Women and Leadership
Associate Professor Critical Policy, Equity, and Leadership Studies; Western University
Vice Chancellor, Troy University - Phenix City Troy University
Reader in International Human Resource Management, University of Portsmouth
Executive Leadership Team and Volunteers
ILA Global Conference Committee 2023
Pat Clary (Co-Chair)
Adrienne Castellon (Co-Chair)
Membership and Awards Committee, Chair & or Co-Chairs (CC)
Mary Angela Baker
Pat Clary (CC)
Liza Howe-Walsh (CC)
Research and Practice Committee, Chair and or Co-Chairs (CC)
Wendy Fox Kirk
Marlene Janzen Le Ber (CC)
Relationships, Outreach & Media, Chair and or Co-Chairs (CC)
Carol Clyde Gallagher (CC)
Dionne Michele Rosser Mims (CC)
Janée M. Morris (V)
Task force – Young women and leadership
Hayley Finn (Chair)
Giftie Umo (V)
The Women and Leadership Member Community advances women in leadership by bringing together researchers, coaches, educators, practitioners and students interested in generating resources, disseminating research, and fostering the development of women leaders.
We are global community of leadership researchers, developers, master artists, and practitioners passionate about aesthetics, arts, culture, creativity, design, equity, imagination, and innovation in leadership. We are committed to cutting edge research, practice, and leadership development methods to bring about the best leaders for the future.
Priorities and Projects
- Organizing the ILA Women and Leadership conferences
– Consider donating to the Meet the Moment for Women and Leadership Fund. Donate and learn more here.
- Recognizing and celebrating excellence in scholarship and practice though the annual W&L awards
- Enhancing the status of women and leadership worldwide by providing a forum for networking, exchanging ideas, and mentoring
- Fostering international collaborations and building global partnerships to nurture conversations about women and leadership
- Aligning our collective interests as change-makers to generate solutions for increasing equality in power and decision-making
- Collaborating with all stakeholders committed to addressing barriers and helping girls and young women become leaders
- Expanding leadership education and development opportunities while acknowledging, respecting, and addressing the roles-within-roles of all women
- Facilitating a paradigm shift that advances women in leadership by modeling connectedness, inclusivity, and authenticity
- Contributing to the body of leadership scholarship and leadership development by advancing rigorous research, identifying best practices, and partnering with publishers
- Recruiting members of our Committees
Already an ILA Member?
Not a Member? Join ILA first.
Sample Women and Leadership Resources
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging Virtual Summit
A Call to Awareness, Advocacy, Action, and Transformation for Inclusive Leadership
6th Women and Leadership Conference
Reflection and Rejuvenation: Inspiring Women Leaders
Women And Leadership Academic Colloquium
ILA’s Advancing Research In Women And Leadership Academic Colloquium: From Intent To Action took place 3-5 June 2021.
5th Women and Leadership Conference Highlights
4th Women and Leadership Conference Highlights
Building Solutions, Harmony and the Greater Good
3rd Women and Leadership Conference Highlights
Advancing Women in Leadership: Cultivating Our Whole Selves
So, You Want to Get Published? Tips from the Editor of Gender in Management: An International Journal
With Adelina Broadbridge, Marlene Janzen Le Ber, and Rita Gardiner (Moderator)
Women and Leadership: Journey Toward Equity
With Lisa DeFrank-Cole, Sherylle J. Tan, and Dionne Rosser-Mims (Moderator)
The Impact of the Pandemic on Women’s Financial Wellbeing: Opportunities for Leadership
With Carolyn J. Stefanco (moderator), Christina Cutlip, Liz Morse, and Brad A. Sloan. Presented by the ILA, TIAA, and Baret Leadership Consultancy.
Leadership Concerns Us in the Plural
In honor of International Women’s Day, Dr. Rita A. Gardiner reflects on suffrage movements around the world, the need for camaraderie and abiding friendships to help propel social movements forward, and how social movements demonstrate that leadership concerns us in the plural, not I in the singular.
ILA Fellow Richard Bolden delves into what the surprise resignations of Nicola Sturgeon and Jacinda Ardern reveal about today’s toxic leadership contexts, what it means to be a “strong leader,” and how leaders transition out of their roles.
Gendering Leadership in Times of COVID: The Case of the “Strong Man”
The striking image of a maskless Donald Trump standing defiantly on the White House balcony on his return from hospital exemplifies the so-called “strong leadership” associated with men and masculinity. Why is the notion of the male strong leader still so influential and persistent?
A Grassroots Leadership & Arts for Social Change Primer: For Educators, Organizers, Activists & Rabble-Rousers
More than 30 activist-artist leaders discuss their work inspiring and creating the positive changes needed to meet the daunting problems facing people and planet.
The Study and Practice of Global Leadership
This book provides cutting-edge perspectives on the impact that globalization is having on the study and practice of Global Leadership.
Leadership and Power in International Development: Navigating the Intersections of Gender, Culture, Context, and Sustainability
Editors: Randal Joy Thompson and Julia Storberg-Walker