by Marcia Boyd, Membership Director, International Leadership Association
29 June 2021
Share this article:
The ILA Intersections online portal offers benefits only available to members including access to a diverse global network and a variety of resource libraries. This trusted space includes:
- HubILA – where ILA members discuss and share their leadership questions, tips, tools, new research, and more.
- Member Community Hubs – where members connect on like areas of interest in a smaller, focused community.
- Member Profiles – where members build their network by completing their profile and contacting other members via the Intersections messaging system.
- Online Member Directory – where members find and network with other members down the street and around the world.
- Resource Libraries – where members discover an expansive amount of ILA curated resources and member-generated resources organized in easy to search libraries.
While ILA’s HubILA remains the place for ILA-wide discussions and news, ILA Member Communities are in the process of launching their own online Intersections Hubs to better serve the targeted needs of their specific constituency. The ILA Women and Leadership member community successfully piloted this approach and offered a proof of concept for moving forward.
Each Intersections Member Community Hub will provide members the opportunity to:
- Share information of specific interest to the community;
- Ask questions, identify common challenges, and offer solutions;
- Find other members with shared interests for future projects, presentations, and more; and
- Discover resources via a member-created library specific to their community.
In addition to Women and Leadership, as of June 2021, these Member Community Hubs have launched:
- Leadership Development
- Leadership Education
- Leadership for Peace
- Sustainability Leadership
To join an ILA Member Community and access the Community Hub, ILA members may click here to update your interest areas. Once you’ve updated your interest areas, go to https://intersections.ilamembers.org/ and click on Communities – > My Intersections Communities. From that page, click into each Community Hub. If you are not yet an ILA member, you must first join to access this benefit.
As ILA’s Membership Director, I’d like to thank the members who stepped up to volunteer to become the Online Community Coordinators (OCC) for their Member Community Hubs. This important role involves greeting new community members, sustaining the engagement of the member community, and encouraging the growth of the community resource library.
Online Community Coordinators are as follows:
Leadership for Peace
Elizabeth Stork (Interim)
Women and Leadership