Description:History was made when the United Nations published Transforming Our World: The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and world leaders stepped up to pledge unifying commitments to secure a sustainable future “where all life can thrive.” Now, the world’s individuals, organizations, and communities need access to the best leadership guidance available to build on the successes of past efforts and advance breakthrough progress.
Evolving Leadership for Collective Wellbeing: Lessons for Implementing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals provides that guidance. This collection is a go-to resource for individuals wishing to heighten leadership effectiveness through access to vanguard theory and practice. It highlights stories and insights from leadership practitioners and scholars around the world, in the process offering invaluable insights into diverse lessons, models, and practices, and it offers case and place-based chapters that bridge theory and practice to empower diverse actors around the world.
As the Agenda acknowledges, “The future of humanity and of our planet lies in our hands. … It will be for all of us to ensure that the journey is successful and its gains irreversible.” Evolving Leadership for Collective Wellbeing is essential reading not only for leaders and leadership scholars, but also for anyone eager to face the Agenda’s challenge head on.
About the Co-Editors
Seana Lowe Steffen was the founder and CEO of the Restorative Leadership Institute (RLI), which cultivates leadership and enterprise that fulfills humanity’s potential to thrive in balance with all life.
Jamie Rezmovits, Chair of the Restorative Leadership Institute, supports purpose-driven organizations and planet-minded leadership to increase their positive impact.
Shanah Trevenna has been leading and guiding leaders of companies and non-profit organizations in the impact space for over fifteen years.
Shana Rappaport has worked actively for over a decade as a community organizer and cross-industry convener to advance sustainability solutions.
Praise for Evolving Leadership for Collective Wellbeing: Lessons for Implementing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
Table of Contents
Introduction: Seana Lowe Steffen and Jamie Rezmovits
- The Emergence of Restorative Leadership – Seana Lowe Steffen
- Humanistic Leadership for Sustainable Transformation – Barry A. Colbert, Jessica Nicholson and Elizabeth C. Kurucz
- Collective Impact Through Regenerative Development: Lessons from Green and Healthy Home Repair – Elizabeth A. Walsh
- Achieving a Sustainable Future Through Adaptive and Strategic Leadership – Ebere Morgan
- Leadership Lessons from Women in High-risk Environments – Wanda Krause
- Fossil Fuel Divestment: The Power of Positively Deviant Leadership for Catalyzing Climate Action and Financing Clean Energy – Abigail Abrash Walton
- Aligning Your Team’s Vision with the World’s Bold Goals – Adriana Salazar, David H. García, and Mariana Quiroga
- Perspectives and Possibilities: Aligning for Social Change – Karen Cvitkovich
- Relational Leadership and Laudato Si’: Pope Francis’ Call to Care for Our Common Home – Dung Q. Tran and Michael R. Carey
- Thriving as One Global Family: Leadership Beyond the Nation State – Ejaj Ahmad and Hugh O’Doherty
- How to Negotiate for Sustainable Relationships and Prosperity – Mehrad Nazari
- The Living Company: A Systems Approach – Jennifer M. Chirico and Anette M. Nystrøm
- Guiding Principles for Co-Creating a Sustainable Economy and for Leveraging Blockchain for Collective Wellbeing – Shanah Trevenna
- Gross National Happiness: A Powerful Instrument for Positive and Sustainable Global Change – Elżbieta Jabłońska
- Prototyping in the Anthropocene: A Case for Optimism from the Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative – Christina L. Monroe and Lance C. Boyd
- Evolving Leadership for a Sustainable Future: Ceeds of Peace – Kerrie Urosevich and Maya Soetoro-Ng
- Let’s Get Sustainable: A Five-Day MBA Residency Adventure – Grace Hurford and Philippa Chapman