with Drew Dudley
Quotes From This Episode
- “Leadership’s not in these big things, it’s in the consistent things.”
- “If you take away the before and the after, and you focus only on the non-negotiables today, that is your day one for leadership…What I try to help people do is figure out what those non-negotiable leadership behaviors are every day, and then teach them a step-by-step process to how to actually live them.”
- “Questions are an incredibly powerful driver of human behavior.”
- “Courage is a commitment to taking action when there’s the possibility of loss.”
- “What we were really trying to do is find some avenue to prioritize our ‘to-be’ list at the same level as our ‘to-do’ list.”
- “Failure is reps for your resilience muscle.”
About the Guest
Drew Dudley is a leadership educator and speaker who focuses on creating value-driven cultures of leadership. His clients include some of the world’s largest and most dynamic organizations, including McDonald’s, JP Morgan Chase, Hyatt Hotels, Kohl’s, The United Way, and more than 75 colleges and universities. He’s recognized as one of the most dynamic keynote speakers in the world, speaking to over 250,000 people on 5 continents. His work is featured on The Huffington Post, Radio America, Forbes.com, and TED.com. His “TED talk” has been voted “one of the 15 most inspirational TED talks of all time.” TIME Magazine recently named it one of their “Seven Speeches That Will Make You a Better Leader,” and Inc. and Business Insider Magazines have also included it on their lists of the world’s “Best Leadership Speeches.”
Host Scott J. Allen
Scott J. Allen, Ph.D., is the Standard Products—Dr. James S. Reid Chair in Management at John Carroll University. He is an associate professor and teaches courses in leadership, management skills, and executive communication. He is also a communications coach, consultant, author, podcast host, and entrepreneur. For almost two decades, he’s worked with clients to improve their leadership and communication skills. Learn more about Scott here.
Phronesis: Practical Wisdom for Leaders offers a smart, fast-paced discussion on all things leadership. Scott and his expert guests cover timely, relevant topics and incorporate practical tips designed to help you make a difference in how you lead and live.