with Axel Meierhoefer
- “For me, it’s a legacy in the context of how do I provide for my family and ultimately turn over what we did to my daughter?”
- “So it’s constantly evolving, but there has never been an intention to really make it big.”
- “As soon as you get in that mindset, you’re creating basically your future, rather than sitting there and letting the future happen to you.”
- “I would say you have people in a victim mindset, and you have people in a creative or creator mindset… I’m setting a goal, I’m going to find the energy to go after something.”
- “I think it goes back to the core term community. If we see ourselves as a community, then there shouldn’t be a question that the weaker ones get support from the stronger ones.”
- “I would go as far as saying the system we’re running was probably okay, for the 60s and 70s… It’s not okay in the 21st century.”
About the Guest
Dr. Axel Meierhoefer is a retired U. S. Air Force officer and the founder of Ideal Wealth Grower – an educational organization helping people get away from exchanging time for money and building an asset-based portfolio using residential real estate. Through teaching, online learning, mentoring, and coaching, Ideal Wealth Grower helps members help themselves find success. He started his first company in 2005, focusing on consulting, employee skill development, and program management. Axel is an entrepreneurial leader who thrives in change-oriented environments and drives constant oversight, accountability, coaching, mentoring, and financial planning.
Host Scott J. Allen
Scott J. Allen, Ph.D., is the Standard Products—Dr. James S. Reid Chair in Management at John Carroll University. He is an associate professor and teaches courses in leadership, management skills, and executive communication. He is also a communications coach, consultant, author, podcast host, and entrepreneur. For almost two decades, he’s worked with clients to improve their leadership and communication skills. Learn more about Scott here.
Phronesis: Practical Wisdom for Leaders offers a smart, fast-paced discussion on all things leadership. Scott and his expert guests cover timely, relevant topics and incorporate practical tips designed to help you make a difference in how you lead and live.